Répondre au commentaire
Here you can some figures and information...
In the world
This figure shows that Apple is very influential thanks largely to the App Store model which works with success!
- The Android and iOS users spend about 79 minutes per day using applications.
- These users download about 9 applications per month.
- 50% of the iPhone’s users buy at least 1 application per month, only 21% for Android.
According to Oddo, the Smartphone sales will reach 75% of the mobile phone sales in 2012, only 20% in 2008 and 45% this year. This increase is very impressive and it's important to keep this in mind. The Smartphone market concerns many sectors.
Some figures about the smartphone market in Europe according to ComScore:
- The market has increase of 41% over the last year.
- In July 2010, 60.000.000 Smartphones were sold in only 5 countries: France, Germany, UK, Italy and Spain.
- 35,7% of the Smartphone’s users use applications.
- 29,9% of this users use their smartphone to follow the news
The main constructors in Europe are the following:
Nokia is still the bigger actor, but the future will be complicated for that company.
The evolution of the sales are the following, between January 2009 and January 2010.
We can see a different here. Apple and Google are stronger than Nokia, which is in decline.
According to Gartner, until 2014 there will be a supremacy by Google via its OS Android.
This Android invasion is predicted to start this Christmas, so be ready!
South and Latin America
The market in South and Latin America is way different from the European.
RIM is very successful in Latam with 28% of penetration even though Symbian OS is still the first with 42% of the market.
Top mobile countries in Latin America
|Country||Population in 2009 (in millions)||GDP per capita in 2008(US $)||Mobile subscriptions in 2009||Mobile subscriptions per 100 population||Ratio of mobile to fixed telephone lines||Broadband subscriptions per 100 population|
|Brazil||194||8,208||173,959||90%||4.2 : 1||8%|
|Mexico||110||10,023||83,528||76%||4.3 : 1||9%|
|Colombia||46||5,415||42,160||92%||5.6 : 1||5%|
|Argentina||40||8,280||51,891||129%||5.3 : 1||9%|
|Peru||29||4,424||24,700||85%||8.3 : 1||3%|
|Venezuela||29||11,386||28,124||98%||4.1 : 1||7%|
|Chile||17||10,091||16,450||97%||4.6 : 1||10%|
|USA||315||45,769||298,404||95%||1.9 : 1||27%|
|UK||61.57||43,321||80,376||130%||2.4 : 1||30%|
Sources: ITU ICT Statistics Database, via mobiThinking
Why Latin America is an attractive market?
- The mobile penetration in this part of the world is high, the rate is similar to the rate in USA and it is higher than China or India, two other countries with an important population for instance.
- These countries have a lower rate of PC and Internet than Europe. The access to the web is difficult that's why the mobile access is very attractive.
- The Latam market is easy to enter because the structure for Spanish language already exists in European market thanks to Spain.
- The Latin America and Caribbean have together a population of 589 million people and an average of 89 phones per every 100 people.
Why does Latin America has a low penetration of mobile Internet?
These reasons are very obvios:
- The high-speed mobile network isn’t strong enough.
- The number of phones with Internet is limited.
- The price to access of unlimited web is very high.
Actually in Latin America only 8.5% of the new phones are Smartphones, but we expect in 2014 this rate will be 32%.
How the mobile web is used in Latin America?
In Latin America the favorite destinations on mobile web are: Google, Facebook, Microsoft Live and YouTube. The site MercadoLibre is one of the most popular too.
As the CTIA launched its initiative to create a common short-code system across Latin America (http://www.latinshortcodes.com/), we were told that:
- Nearly 200 billion mobile messages were sent over Latin America carrier networks during 2008.
- 68% of wireless subscribers in Latin America use their SMS functionality at least weekly; almost twice the rate compare with developed nations.
Since the 27th of August the sales have started in Mexico, the first country in Latin America to sell it. The iPhone 4 is brought by Telcel and Movistar.